5.03.2006

"I'm a simple man with a simple mind..."


"Now, I know there are some polls out there saying this man has a 32% approval rating. But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in "reality." And reality has a well-known liberal bias.

I'm a simple man with a simple mind. I hold a simple set of beliefs that I live by. Number one, I believe in America. I believe it exists. My gut tells me I live there. I feel that it extends from the Atlantic to the Pacific, and I strongly believe it has 50 states. And I cannot wait to see how the Washington Post spins that one tomorrow. I believe in democracy. I believe democracy is our greatest export. At least until China figures out a way to stamp it out of plastic for three cents a unit."


I am completely pillaging this from a post by the much-more-with-it i-obsess (currently "dating" Colbert;-) from her I learned that they let Steve Colbert do a speech in for the White House Correspondent's Dinner--IN FRONT OF THE PRESIDENT. Was I the only person on earth not to know this???
And evidently "W" Was Not Amused.
No. Fucking. Shit. Surely Not??

Read it here

And watch it here

(p.s. this post is devoted to my hubs, who i know will appreciate this more than anyone i know...)

6 comments:

sweetney said...

how did you not know about it? particularly when I POSTED ABOUT IT THIS WEEKEND:
http://www.sweetney.com/001198.html

haven't been keeping up, have we? BITCH!!!

[insert heavy sighs of indignance and voluminous eye-rolling]

Eryn said...

Oh, that was great!

neva said...

not only did sweetney post it, i linked to her link on youtube.com and her site (and reminded the 3 or 4 readers i have what a goddess she is...) : P

seriously, are you pregnant, or something? (hee hee) : D

gingajoy said...

i am so fucking busted. i am a) pregnant and b) crap at weekend blogging when there are back-to-back Top Chef reruns to watch...

oh, and see post above!

Kevin Charnas said...

I LOVED IT! LO-LO-LO-LOV-LOVE-LOVED IT! W - that asswipe...if only I could pepper-spray him and kick him in the crotch....just once...okay, maybe twice. maybe more.

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Alexander fishkin attorney at law pa